Sharp offers hyperbaric medicine and wound care healing services to patients in the San Diego area.
Sharp HealthCare's wound care services provide a comprehensive approach to wound care and healing with examination, assessment and treatment for patients with chronic or slow-healing wounds. Hyperbaric medicine (also called HBOT or oxygen therapy) is used to treat decompression sickness and other illnesses such as carbon monoxide poisoning.
Why Choose Sharp's Wound Care and Hyperbaric Services?
- Our staff provides comprehensive wound treatment and can help with billing and insurance questions, scheduling, transportation and other issues
- Patients and their families receive education in the day-to-day care of the wound or ostomy
- Patients with various types of wounds can benefit from wound care treatment
- Sharp Grossmont Hospital's Hyperbaric Medicine Center provides hyperbaric oxygen therapy for all of San Diego County
- We collaborate with and refer patients to other specialties, including vascular surgery, orthopedics, physical therapy, nutrition counseling and home health
Wound Care and Hyperbaric Programs and Services
Sharp HealthCare offers the following wound care and hyperbaric services:
Conditions We Treat Using Wound Care and Hyperbaric Medicine
Sharp treats numerous conditions with wound care and hyperbaric medicine, including:
|Wound Care Conditions
- Early intervention of diabetic foot ulcers
- High-risk wounds
- Neuropathic wounds
- Ostomy or fistula complications
- Pressure ulcers
- Acute carbon monoxide intoxication
- Crush injuries
- Cyanide poisoning
- Decompression illness ("the bends")
- Diabetic and surgical wounds
- Radiation tissue damage
- More conditions »
Locations of Wound Care and Hyperbaric Services in San Diego
Wound care services are offered at:
For More Wound Care and Hyperbaric Information
To learn more about Sharp's wound care services or to find a Sharp-affiliated physician, search for San Diego doctors
or call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.