Jobs at Sharp
Pharmacy Careers at Sharp
Sharp HealthCare maintains a progressive and innovative edge in providing pharmacy services. We are currently implementing a computerized physician order entry system and all pharmacies are fully automated with Pyxis system. Our clinical, outpatient and inpatient pharmacists are very clinically involved in patient care and maintain close communication with physicians, nursing staff and patients regarding care plans, treatment modalities and clinical outcomes.
Benefits to working in Sharp's pharmacies.
- Extensive and complex medical-surgical patient types
- Extensive pharmacy clinical services including anticoagulation, antibiotic surveillance, nutritional support, pain management, pharmacokinetics and renal dosing
- For the past seven years, Sharp has been named by Hospitals and Health Networks as one of the "100 Most Wired" hospitals in the nation
- Interdisciplinary care teams including rounding opportunities with decentralized distribution models (Pyxis profile)
- Teaching and mentoring opportunities
Apply online today.
You can apply online right now for a pharmacy job at Sharp.
Our pharmacy internships.
To apply for an internship at a Sharp HealthCare or Sharp Rees-Stealy pharmacy, please email your résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org with "Pharmacy Internship" in the subject line.
Pharmacy practice residency.
Accredited by the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP), the pharmacy practice residency at Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center provides residents with the opportunity to enhance their abilities with effective pharmaceutical care in a variety of settings. To learn more, please go to Pharmacy Practice Residency at Sharp HealthCare.
Additional residency programs.
These PGY2 programs are designed to transition PGY1 graduates from generalist to specialized practice settings.
Use the following links to learn more about licensing, certification and careers for pharmacists.
- American Society of Health-System Pharmacist
- California Board of Pharmacy
- California Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- Pharmacy Technician Certification Board
- U.S. Department of Labor