Jobs at Sharp
New Graduate Nurse Residency Programs
Start your career off right.
Moving from the classroom to the patient room is where the real work begins, but the learning never ends. At Sharp, we've designed a program that provides a flexible, supportive environment to help you build the confidence you need to become the best nurse you can be.
From acute care to highly specialized areas like ER and mental health nursing, our New Graduate Nurse Residency Program offers a wide range of opportunities that will cultivate your skills, experience and lifelong success in nursing.
Hands-on learning, full-time support.
- Celebrations for key milestones
- Classroom and simulation curriculum lessons
- Clinical and interdisciplinary experiences
- Individualized orientation
- Ongoing professional development
- Peer group support
- Reflective learning, journaling and self-care
- Support from mentors
- Must be a graduate of a U.S. state-approved and accredited nursing program
- Must have a current unencumbered California registered nurse (RN) license by program start date (unless otherwise specified)
- BSN preferred; ADN required
- Must have a current CPR certification appropriate for a health care provider
- Must have graduated no more than 18 months prior to the start of the New Graduate Nurse Residency Program
- Must have less than 12 months of work experience as an RN by program start date
Applications for our Spring 2017 New Graduate Nurse Residency Programs will be accepted on the following dates:
Friday, Jan. 20, 12 pm PST, through Thursday, Jan. 26, 5 pm PST
- Sharp Chula Vista Medical Center — Medical Surgical/Progressive Care Unit/ER Telemetry Rotation
- Search for requisition 78270
- Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital — Psychiatric/Behavioral Health
- Search for requisition 78272
You must apply and submit a completed application during this time period in order to be considered.
If your area of interest is not available, please continue to monitor this site for updates. Positions will also be posted in March, June and October.