Jobs at Sharp
New Graduate Nurse Residency Programs
Sharp's New Graduate Nurse Residency Program is designed to provide a flexible and supportive environment to help you build the confidence you need to become a nursing professional. We offer a wide range of opportunities to meet the needs of all new nurse graduates — from acute care to highly specialized areas like emergency department and psychiatric/mental health nursing.
As a new nursing professional, you will participate in a comprehensive one-year program that includes a series of learning sessions and work experiences:
- Individualized orientation
- Celebrations for key milestones
- Classroom and simulation curriculum lessons
- Clinical and interdisciplinary experiences
- Ongoing professional development
- Peer group support
- Reflective learning, journaling and self-care
- Support from mentors
Our New Graduate Nurse Residency Program.
We are no longer accepting applications for the Summer 2016 New Graduate Nurse Residency programs. The New Graduate Nurse Residency programs are offered four times a year with positions posted in January, March, June and October. Updates will be made available in the future.
- Must be a graduate of a U.S. state-approved and accredited nursing program
- Must have a current unencumbered California registered nurse (RN) license by program start date (unless otherwise specified)
- BSN preferred; ADN required
- Must have a current CPR certification appropriate for a health care provider
- Must have graduated no more than 18 months prior to the start of the New Graduate Nurse Residency Program
- Must have less than 12 months of work experience as an RN by program start date