Jobs at Sharp
New Graduate Nurse Residency Programs
Sharp's New Graduate Nurse Residency Program is designed to provide a flexible and supportive environment to help you build the confidence you need to become a nursing professional. We offer a wide range of opportunities to meet the needs of all new nurse graduates — from acute care to highly specialized areas like emergency department and psychiatric/mental health nursing.
As a new nursing professional, you will participate in a comprehensive one-year program that includes a series of learning sessions and work experiences:
- Individualized orientation
- Celebrations for key milestones
- Classroom and simulation curriculum lessons
- Clinical and interdisciplinary experiences
- Ongoing professional development
- Peer group support
- Reflective learning, journaling and self-care
- Support from mentors
Our New Graduate Nurse Residency Program.
We are no longer accepting applications for our Fall 2016 New Graduate Nurse Residency Programs.
Applications for our Winter 2016/2017 New Graduate Nurse Residency Programs will be accepted on the following dates:
- Friday, Oct. 7, noon PST; through Thursday, Oct. 13, 5 pm PST
- Must be a graduate of a U.S. state-approved and accredited nursing program
- Must have a current unencumbered California registered nurse (RN) license by program start date (unless otherwise specified)
- BSN preferred; ADN required
- Must have a current CPR certification appropriate for a health care provider
- Must have graduated no more than 18 months prior to the start of the New Graduate Nurse Residency Program
- Must have less than 12 months of work experience as an RN by program start date