Sharp Memorial Hospital Emergency Room
Sharp Memorial Hospital has the largest Emergency and Trauma Center in San Diego county.
Parking is available in front of the hospital or in parking structures located on Frost Street, on Health Center Drive or in front of Sharp Mary Birch. Parking fees may apply.
Why Choose Sharp Memorial for Emergency Care?
- Care for up to four trauma patients at a time, and another 52 private patient-care rooms
- Centrally located off Route 163
- Large, comfortable lobby
- Offers a fast-track assessment system to treat patients more quickly (average wait time is less than 20 minutes to see a doctor)
- The first in San Diego to receive the prestigious Lantern Award for its consistent clinical methods and constant commitment to improving service
- Provides an extraordinary level of care — each patient receives a call after their visit to ensure they are feeling better and to help answer any questions
Emergency Care Programs and Services
- Advanced diagnostic images with 64-view CT scanner located in the Emergency and Trauma Center
- Cardiac and stroke center with dedicated equipment and specially trained staff
- Lab tests can be performed in the center for quicker results
- X-rays are taken in the center's dedicated radiological suites
Sharp Memorial's Emergency Team
Sharp Memorial Hospital