A medical group is a network of doctors who have agreed to work together to contract with health plans and to coordinate patient care. When you choose a medical group, you are choosing the specific group of doctors who will provide your care — from primary care physicians to specialists.
If your insurance is a PPO, you do not need to choose a medical group.
If your insurance is an HMO, it is important to choose a medical group because all of your care will be provided by doctors in that group.
If you do not have insurance, we invite you to sign up for Sharp Health Plan, which offers a variety of health insurance options for individuals, families and businesses.
Sharp's two medical groups make it easy for you to find a doctor you're comfortable with at a location that's convenient for you. Both medical groups offer direct access to The Sharp Experience, clinical excellence, advanced technology and coordinated, affordable care.
|Sharp Community Medical Group
||Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group
Sharp Community Medical Group (SCMG) includes more than 225 primary care physicians and more than 530 specialists. SCMG provides:
- 350 locations serving San Diego County communities
- Admission to your local hospital, including Sharp's four acute-care hospitals, as well as Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns
- Physician offices in your neighborhood
- SCMG accepts most insurance plans
Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group includes 450 primary care physicians and specialists. Sharp Rees-Stealy provides:
- 21 locations across San Diego County
- Access to mySharp™, a secure, convenient patient portal where you can manage your health care online
- Fully integrated clinics all under one roof
- Sharp Nurse Connection®, a 24-hour hotline for patients to speak with registered nurses
- Sharp Rees-Stealy accepts most insurance plans
Find a Sharp-Affiliated Doctor
To find a Sharp-affiliated doctor in one of Sharp's medical groups, call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm, or search for an SCMG doctor or search for a Sharp Rees-Stealy doctor.