A medical group is a network of doctors who have agreed to work together to contract with health plans and to coordinate patient care. When you choose a medical group, you are choosing the specific group of doctors who will provide your care — from primary care physicians to specialists.
If your insurance is a PPO, you do not need to choose a medical group.
If your insurance is an HMO, it is important to choose a medical group because all of your care will be provided by doctors in that group.
Sharp's two medical groups make it easy for you to find a doctor you're comfortable with at a location that's convenient for you. Both medical groups offer direct access to The Sharp Experience, clinical excellence, advanced technology and coordinated, affordable care.
|Sharp Community Medical Group
||Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group
Sharp Community Medical Group (SCMG) includes more than 225 primary care physicians and more than 350 specialists. SCMG provides:
- 350 locations serving San Diego County communities
- Admission to your local hospital, including Sharp's four acute-care hospitals, as well as Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns
- Physician offices in your neighborhood
- SCMG accepts almost all insurance plans
Sharp Rees-Stealy Medical Group includes more than 400 primary care physicians and specialists. Sharp Rees-Stealy provides:
- 20 locations across San Diego County
- Access to mySharp™, a secure, convenient patient portal where you can manage your health care online
- Fully integrated clinics all under one roof
- Sharp Nurse Connection®, a 24-hour hotline for patients to speak with registered nurses
- Sharp Rees-Stealy accepts almost all insurance plans
Find a Sharp-Affiliated Doctor
To find a Sharp-affiliated doctor in one of Sharp's medical groups, call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm, or search for an SCMG doctor or search for a Sharp Rees-Stealy doctor.