San Diego’s Only Women’s Hospital
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns, part of the Sharp Metropolitan Medical Campus, is a nationally recognized hospital for women, expectant mothers and babies. It has one of the largest level III neonatal intensive care units (NICU) in Southern California. Designated a Center of Excellence in Minimally Invasive Gynecology by the American Academy of Gynecologic Laparoscopists, the hospital also offers a range of health services for women of all ages.
Did you know that more babies are delivered at Sharp Mary Birch than anywhere else in California? Discover more facts.
Sharp Mary Birch’s programs and services include:
- 24-hour physician care, including perinatology, anesthesiology, obstetrics and neonatology
- Perinatal Special Care Unit for women experiencing complications of a high-risk pregnancy
- State-of-the-art labor and delivery suites
- The only women's surgical unit in San Diego, offering minimally invasive surgery including robotic surgery for uterine fibroids, endometriosis, gynecologic cancer, pelvic floor disorders and more
- Cord blood banking — Sharp HealthCare has partnered with StemCyte, the leader in cord blood collection and banking, to provide this important service to our patients
- Cosmetic and plastic surgery
- The New Beginnings Boutique & Gift Shop, a full-service breastfeeding resource center staffed by lactation experts, featuring breastfeeding accessories and more
- Parenting and women’s classes
- Arts-for-healing program for improving the emotional and spiritual health of patients
Take a Tour
Want to tour Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns? Click on the slideshow below to visit Sharp Mary Birch. Click on image to view full description.
Has a health care provider been especially helpful to you? Honor your “guardian angel” while making a donation to Sharp Mary Birch.
Community Health Needs Assessment
Learn about and view the Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns 2013 Community Health Needs Assessment.
For More Information
Get information about Sharp Mary Birch Hospital visiting hours and calling a patient.