Sharp Mary Birch's Labor and Delivery suites are designed to create a comfortable atmosphere during labor and birth.
Specialized Care for Women During Childbirth
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns provides quality care to pregnant women and their families from pre-birth testing, labor, delivery and recovery.
Why Choose Sharp Mary Birch's Labor and Delivery Services?
- A state-of-the-art labor and delivery department
- Close interaction with nurses
- Hospital designed to keep families together throughout each woman's stay, including the time after a cesarean delivery
- Mother's comfort and privacy is of the utmost importance
- Mothers stay in the same room for the birth of the baby and through the first hours of the recovery stage
- Private suites include a private bathroom
- Recliners that convert into a single-bed to accommodate family members
- Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns is San Diego's only hospital dedicated to women's care
- Special recovery unit for cesarean deliveries designed to monitor the healthy newborn and keep mom and baby together during those important first hours of life
- Wireless computer access available throughout the hospital
Labor and Delivery Programs and Services
Sharp Mary Birch's Labor and Delivery Team
Sharp Mary Birch's obstetric nurses are specialists in the use of alternative methods for unmedicated labor and delivery, including massage, breathing techniques and birthing balls. Our anesthesiologists pioneered a special technique for labor epidural continuous infusions and also introduced the patient-controlled epidural for pain relief during childbirth to San Diego.
Ask the Labor and Delivery Expert
Are you interested in pursuing a VBAC (vaginal birth after Cesarean)? Learn all about VBACs
from Dr. Colleen McNally, an OBGYN affiliated with Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns, as she answers frequently asked questions about the procedure.
If you are delivering a baby at a Sharp Mary Birch, you need to fill out a maternity preadmission form before you deliver your baby. If you do not have a form from your doctor, you can download the Maternity Preadmission Form
, print it, complete it, and return it to the hospital.
Labor and Delivery Location
Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns
3003 Health Center Drive
San Diego, CA 92123
Take a virtual tour of Sharp Mary Birch Hospital for Women & Newborns.
For More Labor and Delivery Information
To learn more about labor and delivery services at Sharp, visit Pregnancy and Childbirth
. For help in finding a physician who is affiliated with Sharp Mary Birch Hospital, search for a San Diego OBGYN
or call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.