Sharp Spring News, March 2016
Sharp experts available to discuss springtime health.
Sharp HealthCare values its relationship with local media and we look forward to working with you to educate our community about important health issues. Following is a compilation of current health care topics.
Please contact Erica Carlson at Erica.Carlson@sharp.com if you are interested in speaking with one of our affiliated physicians or clinicians.
As a reminder, the after hours media number for Sharp HealthCare is 858-499-4301.
- Cleaning Out Your Medicine Cabinet — The new season brings the time-honored ritual of spring cleaning — and let's not forget your medicine cabinet. A Sharp-affiliated pharmacist is available to discuss how to properly dispose of your medications and discuss what is safe to do with expired medication.
- Tips for Spring Allergies — Itchy, watery eyes; runny nose; and lots of congestion. If you suffer from seasonal allergies, you know the feeling all too well. A Sharp-affiliated physician is available to give tips on ways to combat seasonal allergies.
- Spring Break Travel Tips — The spring break travel season is under way and it's important to have a travel plan in place, especially when traveling internationally. Jacquie Schwoerke, director of Sharp HealthCare's Global Patient Services program, is available to discuss travel tips to consider before your next international trip.
- Choosing the Right Running Shoe — As the weather warms and the days get longer, many choose to take exercise outside by starting a running program. It's important to begin by choosing the right running shoe. A Sharp-affiliated expert is available to discuss how to select the right running shoe and avoid injury.
- A Twist on Traditional St. Patrick's Day Fare — Looking for an alternative to traditional corned beef and cabbage? Chef William Sauer of Sharp Grossmont Hospital shares some authentic Irish fare for a twist on the traditional.
- Zika and Spring Break Travel — How can you protect yourself against the Zika virus while traveling on spring break? A Sharp-affiliated physician is available to give tips on traveling to countries with active Zika virus transmission.