Designed for Patient Comfort
The Cancer Institute provides outpatient services at the Sharp Memorial Hospital Outpatient Pavilion. It is the centralized point for all Cancer Institute patients, and provides initial evaluations, second opinions, consultations, treatments, transfusions, special procedures and follow-up care.
The Sharp Memorial Hospital Outpatient Pavilion offers a unique environment designed for patient comfort and convenience. The Infusion Center boasts 15 reclining chairs, each with a TV and DVD player. Floor-to-ceiling windows provide natural light as patients receive treatment. The Radiation Department offers one convenient location for physicians to meet with, evaluate and treat patients.
Why Choose Us?
- Highest certification from the American College of Surgeons as a Comprehensive Community Cancer Center and Breast Cancer Center
- State-of-the-art radiation therapies, including Novalis®-Shaped Beam Surgery and stereotactic radiotherapy
- daVinci® robotic-assisted surgery for prostate and gynecological cancers
- Clinical trials, which offer patients access to many of the latest cancer treatments
- Genetic counselors specializing in cancer risk
- Free support services (including counseling, support groups, education and referrals) and complementary therapies, such as guided imagery, healing touch and restorative yoga
- Surgical patients recover at the new Sharp Memorial Hospital, which features all private patient rooms with a sleeper sofa where a loved one can stay the night
- Selenia™ digital mammography system provides the highest quality of care in prevention and early detection of breast cancer
Programs and Services
The Cancer Institute provides a wide range of cancer care services in one location, including:
Breast Cancer Center
Dedicated patient navigators/case managers are a critical part of the care team at Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion. The navigator/case manager works with patients from time of diagnosis throughout their cancer journey. They coordinate appointments, provide education materials and emotional support and may even attend doctor’s appointments to help gather information.
Multidisciplinary Clinical Team
- Genetic counselor
- Medical oncologists who provide chemotherapy
- Oncology physicians and surgeons specializing in breast cancer treatment as well as reconstruction
- Radiation oncologists using the most advanced, targeted therapies
- Social worker
Programs to Support Healing
- Breast cancer support groups for patients and loved ones
- Lymphedema therapy to promote healing after surgery
- Variety of wellness classes and services designed to relieve stress and anxiety
Locations of Services
Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion
3075 Health Center Drive
San Diego, CA 92123
Sharp Memorial Hospital
7901 Frost St.
San Diego, CA 92123
Find a San Diego Oncologist
For more information about cancer services at Sharp HealthCare or to find a Sharp-affiliated doctor, search for a San Diego oncologist or call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.
For More Cancer Care Information
To learn more about cancer services at Sharp, visit cancer treatment.