Offering the most advanced diagnostic tools.
The Outpatient Imaging Center at Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion provides an array of powerful medical imaging technologies that allow for more effective, less invasive testing.
Why Choose Us?
- Our advanced diagnostic capabilities provide earlier accurate detection of illnesses for patients — leading to better patient outcomes and a more comfortable experience
- We are proud to offer a no-film environment — complete with a picture archiving communications systems (PACS) and computerized radiology
- We offer digital mammography to provide the highest quality care in the prevention and early detection of breast cancer
Programs and Services
Our most advanced equipment includes:
- 64-view CT Scanner
Sharp's three 64-view CT scanners provide for the most detailed look at any area of the body.
- Computer-Aided Diagnosis (CAD) for Mammography
This unit works as a second pair of "eyes" by automatically scanning a patient's mammogram after initial interpretation. If the software detects any breast abnormalities, it marks them for further review by a radiologist.
- Computerized Radiology
Computerized radiology offers significant diagnostic quality advantages over conventional film methods.
- Diamond Mammography Platform
This unit provides a true digital platform for use with spot, full-field digital breast care, three-dimensional imaging and interventional procedures. The Easy Compression System (ECS) and rounded corners make the procedure more comfortable for patients.
- Digital Mammography
Digital mammography uses computers and specially designed digital detectors to produce an image that can be displayed on a high-resolution computer monitor, and transmitted and stored just like computer files. The technology allows radiologists to adjust brightness, change contrast and zoom in on specific areas to help detect small calcifications, masses and other changes that may be signs of early breast cancer.
- Picture Archive Communication System (PACS)
The PACS system digitally stores, transmits and displays radiology images. Networking allows for immediate access to patient information resulting in increased efficiency for staff.
- Stereotactic Breast Biopsy Unit
Provides a minimally invasive breast biopsy that generally does not require anesthesia. The procedure is quick and about one-third the cost of an open surgical biopsy. Patients can immediately return to routine activities with little more than a bandage.
Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion
3075 Health Center Drive
San Diego, CA 92123
For More Information
To learn more about the Imaging Center at Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion, please call 858-939-5100. To learn more about imaging services at Sharp, visit Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging.
Physicians and health care practitioners may use our Imaging Services Requisition Form to print out and fax in their exam requests.