The Breast Health Center at Sharp Memorial Hospital is a nationally recognized, comprehensive breast health program that focuses on prevention, education, early detection and advanced treatment. Led by a skilled team of compassionate experts, the Center treats women with a variety of cancerous and noncancerous breast conditions.
Why Choose Sharp Memorial's Breast Health Center
- Highest certification from the American College of Surgeons as a Comprehensive Community Breast Cancer Center and by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Cancers
- Comprehensive women's imaging — within a designated Breast Imaging Center of Excellence — that includes 3-D tomosynthesis mammography, 2-D mammography, breast ultrasound-guided biopsy, stereotactic biopsy, breast magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and MRI-guided biopsy
- Advanced diagnostic imaging systems, including a 64-slice PET/CT with technology that reduces a patient's exposure to radiation
- State-of-the-art linear accelerator and radiation treatment planning systems designed to deliver radiation therapy precisely while sparing healthy tissue
- Multidisciplinary team of breast surgeons, radiation oncologists and medical oncologists
- Dedicated social worker, dietitian and nurse navigators who work one-on-one with patients diagnosed with breast cancer throughout their cancer journey
- Genetic counselor specializing in breast cancer risk
- High-risk breast cancer surveillance program
- Breast cancer support groups for patients and loved ones
- Lymphedema therapy to promote healing after surgery
- Variety of wellness classes and services designed to relieve stress and anxiety
Treatment Programs and Services
Meet the Breast Health Center Medical Director
Dr. Christina Casteel is a Sharp-affiliated, board-certified general surgeon who has served as director of the Breast Health Center at Sharp Memorial Hospital since its inception in 2003. She attended medical school at the University of Missouri–Kansas City School of Medicine and completed her residency in the university's Department of Surgery.
Locations of Services
Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion
3075 Health Center Drive
San Diego, CA 92123
Sharp Memorial Hospital
7901 Frost St.
San Diego, CA 92123
Find a San Diego Oncologist
For more information about breast health services at Sharp Memorial Hospital or to find a Sharp-affiliated doctor, search for a San Diego oncologist specializing in breast cancer or call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.
For More Information
To learn more about breast cancer services at Sharp, visit San Diego Cancer Treatment.