Providing the best cancer treatments without leaving San Diego.
The Cancer Institute at Sharp Memorial Hospital provides state-of-the-art surgical services and inpatient care to provide San Diego cancer patients the optimal opportunity for a cure. The adjacent Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion provides chemotherapy, radiation, outpatient surgery and other cancer therapies in a peaceful, comfortable setting.
Why Choose Sharp Memorial's Cancer Institute?
- A leader in experimental clinical oncology and access to clinical trials offering the latest cancer treatments available
- Among the first in the nation to offer Herceptin and Rituxan, medications now widely used in cancer treatment, to patients
- First in San Diego to offer the Novalis® Shaped Beam Surgery device for stereotactic radiosurgery, allowing high doses of radiation to be given to small areas of the brain
- First in San Diego to use the da Vinci® Surgical System for robotic surgery, providing less invasive procedures, less pain and faster recovery
- Five-year survival rates higher than national average for breast, lung and colon cancer
- For patients requiring an overnight stay, Sharp Memorial Hospital features all private patient rooms equipped with a sofa sleeper where a loved one can spend the night
- Highest certification from the American College of Surgeons as a Comprehensive Community Cancer Center
- Targeted therapies and diagnostic services conveniently located at the adjacent Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion
- With high-tech surgical suites and private intensive-care units, Sharp Memorial provides all the technology that modern medicine has to offer
Cancer Treatment Programs and Services
The Cancer Institute at Sharp Memorial Hospital provides a wide range of cancer care services including outpatient therapy and wellness treatments available just steps away at the Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion.
- Cancer clinical trials
- Personalized Breast Cancer Center — patients have access to a case manager who helps coordinate appointments, provides emotional support and acts as a patient advocate through every step of the process
- Prevention and early detection — such as diagnostic imaging and women’s imaging, including stereotactic biopsy and mammography
- Support services and healing therapies — such as music therapy, pet therapy and reiki
- Treatment — such as radiation therapy, chemotherapy, outpatient surgery, medical oncology and hematology, bone marrow transplant program, robotic surgery, and a breast cancer center
Learn about Sharp's full range of cancer services.
Sharp Memorial's Cancer Institute Team
The Cancer Institute uses a collaborative practice model, meaning that the same physician/nurse team manages a caseload of patients, so that every patient has the same doctor and nurse every time they come to the facility. This team approach to cancer treatment ensures optimal treatment methodologies and ensures the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. Meet the Cancer Institute's medical directors
Locations of Cancer Services
Sharp Memorial Hospital
7901 Frost St.
San Diego, CA 92123
Sharp Memorial Outpatient Pavilion
3075 Health Center Drive
San Diego, CA 92123
Find a San Diego Oncologist
For more information about cancer services at Sharp HealthCare or to find a Sharp-affiliated doctor, search for a San Diego oncologist
or call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.
For More Cancer Care Information
To learn more about cancer services at Sharp Memorial Hospital, please call 858-939-3400. To learn more about cancer services at Sharp, visit cancer treatment