Sharp Memorial Hospital was the first hospital in San Diego to perform robotic-assisted surgery using the da Vinci® Robotic Surgical System. Since its inception in 2005, Sharp Memorial-affiliated physicians have performed more than 1,900 robotic-assisted surgeries — more than any other health care system in San Diego — to treat various:
Robotic surgery provides physicians with an alternate to both traditional open surgery and conventional laparoscopy while providing patients with an effective, less-invasive surgical treatment option.
Why Choose Sharp Memorial for Robotic Surgery?
- More minimally invasive prostate procedures have been performed at Sharp Memorial Hospital than any other hospital in San Diego
- Patients recover in the new Sharp Memorial Hospital featuring all private rooms
- Sharp Memorial Hospital was the first hospital in San Diego to perform robotic-assisted surgery using the da Vinci® robotic surgical system
- State-of-the-art surgery suites
Benefits of robotic surgery:
- Faster recovery and return to normal activities
Shorter hospital stay
Robotic Surgery Location
Sharp Memorial Hospital
7901 Frost St.
San Diego, CA 92123
For More Robotic Surgery Information
To learn more about the da Vinci Robotic Surgical System at Sharp, visit robotic surgery or register for a robotic surgery seminar. To find a Sharp-affiliated physician performing robotic surgery, call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, 8 am to 6 pm.