Spiritual support is available to patients, their families and hospital staff at Sharp Memorial Hospital.
Spiritual Care Services
- After hours on-call coverage for emergencies
- Arts for Healing Program — Sharp Metropolitan Medical Campus
- Biannual Services of Remembrance for bereaved families of deceased patients
- Daily reflection service Saturday through Thursday at noon in the Memorial Chapel
- Integrative Healing Modalities — Sharp Memorial Hospital
- Roman Catholic Mass on Fridays at noon in the Memorial Chapel
- Special rituals and services including communion, anointing, funerals and memorial services
- Spiritual support to patients, their families and hospital staff
Integrative Healing Services
Integrative Healing at Sharp Memorial Hospital and the Arts for Healing Program for Sharp Metropolitan Medical Campus are offered through the Spiritual Care and Education Department.
Integrative healing modalities include:
- Comfort hand massage
- Guided imagery
- Healing Touch
- Pet therapy
Arts for Healing modalities include:
- Arts at the bedside
- Art Cart
- Art supplies for patients
- Expressive art therapy
- Music therapy
To request any of these services, contact the Spiritual Care Office at 858-939-3475
Sharp Memorial Hospital Chaplains
The chaplains are committed to respect the dignity and faith tradition of the patient and their family. They base their spiritual care ministry on an inclusive basis — open to persons across the spiritual spectrum and those who may not claim a particular spiritual practice. The chaplains also facilitate communication between patients and their faith communities.
Chaplains are available at Sharp Memorial Hospital every day from 8 am to 4:30 pm. Chaplains are on call after hours and can be reached by calling 858-939-3400.
Clinical Pastoral Education Program
Learn more about the Clinical Pastoral Education program at Sharp Memorial Hospital and how to apply.
For More Information
To learn more about spiritual care and education at Sharp Memorial Hospital, contact the Spiritual Care Office at 858-939-3475.
The Clinical Pastoral Education program at Sharp HealthCare is an accredited program to provide clinical pastoral training in hospital, home care and behavioral health settings.