Have you been diagnosed with bipolar disorder? Are you suffering from symptoms such as racing thoughts, a lack of focus, high energy or irritability? You may be eligible to participate in a research study at Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital. Participants must be:
- An adult over the age of 18
- Diagnosed with bipolar disorder
Why Participate in Clinical Research?
- Access to new medications — Research participants are often the first to receive promising new medications before they become available to the community.
- No cost to participate in study — Clinical trials are funded by the pharmaceutical industry; therefore, there is no cost to patients to participate in studies at Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital. Participants receive study-related medical evaluations, lab testing and study medications regardless of whether they have insurance.
- Possible compensation — Participants may be eligible for compensation related to time and travel expenses.
- The ability to help others — Participants will have an opportunity to potentially help others and improve treatment for those who suffer from the same illness or condition.
Participation is voluntary and confidential. All of the clinical research studies are governed by U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) regulations and are reviewed and approved by the Sharp Institutional Review Board, which ensures that patients' rights and safety are protected.
Sharp Mesa Vista Research Team
Under the direction of Dr. Michael Plopper, chief medical officer and principal investigator of the Sharp Mesa Vista Clinical Research Center, a team of experienced research specialists has conducted more than 250 research studies. Each coordinator holds a professional degree in the mental health field and has experience working with psychiatric populations.
Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital, Clinical Research Center
7850 Vista Hill Ave.
San Diego, CA 92123
How to Enroll
To learn more, please contact the Sharp Mesa Vista Clinical Research Center at 858-836-8350 or send us an email.
For More Research Studies
For more information about other research studies at Sharp Mesa Vista Hospital, please visit Sharp Mesa Vista Clinical Research Center.