Detailed experience with stroke and neurology programs enables Sharp HealthCare to offer stroke treatment and preventive care in San Diego.
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's stroke care leader. A stroke occurs when blood flow to the brain stops. If blood flow to the brain is stopped for longer than a few moments, serious, injury could occur because the brain cannot acquire blood and oxygen, which can lead to serious, long-term residual effects.
Why Choose Sharp's Stroke and Neurology Services?
- Our medical staff includes nationally recognized physicians specializing in neurology and neurosurgery
- Provides comprehensive consultation, diagnosis and treatment for complex and common neurological diseases and conditions
- Sharp has participated in numerous national stroke clinical trials and continues to conduct research to find treatment innovations
- Sharp HealthCare is the first system in San Diego to develop a stroke prevention and intervention program that combines screenings, education and appropriate immediate treatment
Stroke and Neurology Programs and Services
Sharp HealthCare provides comprehensive neurological services that adhere to the highest standards of skill and expertise at each of its facilities.
Stroke and Neurological Conditions We Treat
Sharp treats numerous stroke and neurological conditions, including:
- Acoustic neuroma
- Arteriovenous malformations
- Cerebral aneurysms
- More »
Locations of Stroke and Neurology Services in San Diego
We offer a wide range of stroke and neurological services in San Diego at Sharp's four acute-care hospitals:
Find a San Diego Neurologist
To find a Sharp-affiliated doctor, search for a San Diego neurologist
or call 1-800-82-SHARP (1-800-827-4277), Monday through Friday, from 8 am to 6 pm.