Health Tip: Don't Let Lost Pounds Return
Suggestions to maintain a healthy body weight
(HealthDay News) -- Losing weight is a major accomplishment, but keeping it off can be just as challenging.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention suggests these healthy habits to help keep weight off for good:
- Stick to a healthy, yet realistic eating plan. Be consistent with your food choices and calorie intake.
- Have a healthy daily breakfast.
- Exercise for 60 minutes to 90 minutes nearly every day.
- Keep a journal of the foods you eat and your exercise regimen to spot any patterns you should change.
- Weigh yourself regularly and keep the readings in a log.
- Enlist friends and family to offer ongoing support of your healthy lifestyle.
- Diet Changes Can Alter Gut Bacteria, Study Says
July 25, 2014
- Farmers' Market Vouchers May Help Poorer Families Eat Healthier
July 24, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.