Health Tip: Take Care of Arthritic Joints
Suggestions to help prevent stiffness and pain
(HealthDay News) -- Even everyday activities can strain stiff and inflamed arthritic joints.
The Arthritis Foundation offers these suggestions to help tame arthritis stiffness and pain:
- Avoid too many activities that hurt your joints. Use aids -- such as zipper pulls or jar openers -- to make such tasks easier.
- Try to lift with muscles and joints that are largest and strongest, and cause the least amount of pain.
- Don't stay in the same position for too long.
- Strike a good balance between physical activity and resting when you need it.
- Listen to pain as a sign that you've pushed yourself too hard, and take it easier next time.
- Get help from friends and family when faced with a challenge that's too tough.
- Study Questions Value of Certain Knee Surgeries
August 25, 2014
- Many U.S. Workers on Disability Use Narcotic Painkillers, Study Finds
August 22, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.