Health Tip: Take Care of Arthritic Joints
Suggestions to help prevent stiffness and pain
(HealthDay News) -- Even everyday activities can strain stiff and inflamed arthritic joints.
The Arthritis Foundation offers these suggestions to help tame arthritis stiffness and pain:
- Avoid too many activities that hurt your joints. Use aids -- such as zipper pulls or jar openers -- to make such tasks easier.
- Try to lift with muscles and joints that are largest and strongest, and cause the least amount of pain.
- Don't stay in the same position for too long.
- Strike a good balance between physical activity and resting when you need it.
- Listen to pain as a sign that you've pushed yourself too hard, and take it easier next time.
- Get help from friends and family when faced with a challenge that's too tough.
- U.S. Pledges Millions to Study Ways to Ease Soldiers' Pain
September 25, 2014
- Movantik Approved for Constipation From Opioids
September 16, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.