Health Tip: Signs That Headaches Need Attention
Symptoms that indicate you should visit a doctor
(HealthDay News) -- Most everyone suffers from an occasional headache. But frequent, severe headaches could be an indication of a more serious health problem.
The Womenshealth.gov Web site says these warning signs should prompt a visit to your doctor:
- Headaches that occur multiple times each month and persist for hours or days.
- Headaches that are so severe that work, school and home life are affected.
- Headaches accompanied by tingling or numbness, changes in vision, vomiting or nausea.
- Headaches accompanied by pain surrounding the ear or eye, convulsions or stiffness in the neck.
- Losing consciousness or feeling confused during headaches.
- A headache that follows an injury to the head.
- Headaches that suddenly occur when you've rarely had headaches in the past.
- Health Tip: Before You Lift Something Heavy
May 16, 2013
- Infections From Tainted Spine Injections Continue to Baffle Investigators
May 16, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.