Health Tip: Is it Hot in Here or Is it 'The Change?'
Common symptoms of menopause
(HealthDay News) -- A characteristic symptom of menopause is hot flashes, along with missing a menstrual period.
But those aren't the only signs; the American Academy of Family Physicians says additional signs of menopause include:
- Any change in menstruation, such as heavier or lighter bleeding.
- Vaginal dryness, which may result in painful intercourse.
- Frequent urination or urinary tract infection.
- Fatigue or difficulty sleeping.
- Night sweats.
- Persistent headaches.
- Gaining weight.
- Changes in mood.
- 'Nerve Block' to Neck Might Help Ease Hot Flashes
February 17, 2014
- Sex Is Important to Many Midlife Women
February 10, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.