Health Tip: Is it Hot in Here or Is it 'The Change?'
Common symptoms of menopause
(HealthDay News) -- A characteristic symptom of menopause is hot flashes, along with missing a menstrual period.
But those aren't the only signs; the American Academy of Family Physicians says additional signs of menopause include:
- Any change in menstruation, such as heavier or lighter bleeding.
- Vaginal dryness, which may result in painful intercourse.
- Frequent urination or urinary tract infection.
- Fatigue or difficulty sleeping.
- Night sweats.
- Persistent headaches.
- Gaining weight.
- Changes in mood.
- Estrogen Won't Make Women Sharper After Menopause, Study Finds
November 25, 2013
- Hormone Therapy May Work Only for Women With Hot Flashes
November 13, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.