Health Tip: Soothe Swollen Feet During Pregnancy
Massage and elevate your tootsies
(HealthDay News) -- The added pounds of pregnancy can take a toll on your whole body, but your feet bear the brunt of that baby weight.
The American Podiatric Medical Association suggests how to help ease sore, swollen feet during pregnancy:
- Rest with your feet elevated as often as you can.
- Don't cross your legs or ankles.
- When sitting, stretch your feet and legs often.
- Wear comfortable shoes. Have your feet measured to make sure you're wearing the right size, as pregnancy can make feet longer and wider.
- Administration Offers New Rules for Religious Objections to Health Care Law
August 22, 2014
- Health Tip: Soothing Psoriasis on the Feet
August 20, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.