Health Tip: Everyone Should Wear a Bike Helmet
Explain why to your child
(HealthDay News) -- There should be no debate or argument in your home when it comes to wearing a bicycle helmet, experts say.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests how to encourage children to wear a helmet, avoiding a big battle:
- Make wearing a helmet a habit, starting with a child's first tricycle ride.
- Set an example for your child. Parents should always wear a helmet themselves.
- Explain to your child why it's so important to wear a bike helmet.
- Give your child plenty of praise, and maybe a little treat, for wearing a helmet.
- Speak to other parents so your child's friends all wear helmets, too.
- Health Tip: Stay Active With Baby
December 12, 2013
- Kids' Social Skills May Suffer When Mothers Drink During Pregnancy
December 11, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.