Health Tip: Everyone Should Wear a Bike Helmet
Explain why to your child
(HealthDay News) -- There should be no debate or argument in your home when it comes to wearing a bicycle helmet, experts say.
The American Academy of Pediatrics suggests how to encourage children to wear a helmet, avoiding a big battle:
- Make wearing a helmet a habit, starting with a child's first tricycle ride.
- Set an example for your child. Parents should always wear a helmet themselves.
- Explain to your child why it's so important to wear a bike helmet.
- Give your child plenty of praise, and maybe a little treat, for wearing a helmet.
- Speak to other parents so your child's friends all wear helmets, too.
- Mother's Depression Tied to Later Delinquency in Kids
December 22, 2014
- Preschoolers Need Eye Screening, Experts Say
December 19, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.