Health Tip: Keep Skin Smooth
And help reduce wrinkles
(HealthDay News) -- Aging skin often means wrinkled skin. But there are steps you can take to minimize blemished, wrinkled skin.
If you want to help keep skin smoother, more supple and less wrinkled as you age, the University of Maryland Medical Center offers these suggestions:
- Eat a diet rich in fresh vegetables, fruits and whole grains.
- Include healthy oils, such as olive oil, in your diet.
- Get plenty of regular exercise.
- Don't smoke, and avoid exposure to secondhand smoke.
- Don't drink alcohol within three hours of going to bed.
- Wash your face with a gentle cleanser, and use a moisturizer daily.
- On the other hand, don't wash with tap water too often, which can wind up drying out your skin. Once a day should be enough.
- Wear sunscreen daily. Avoid direct sunlight between 10 a.m. and 4 p.m., when the sun's ultraviolet rays are strongest.
- Choose Wrinkle Treatments Wisely, FDA Advises
August 14, 2014
- Expert Offers Safe Splinter Removal Tips
August 09, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.