Health Tip: Signs That You Might Have Pneumonia
Don't ignore these symptoms
(HealthDay News) -- Pneumonia's symptoms may appear to mimic those of other respiratory infections. But pneumonia can kill, and its warning signs shouldn't be dismissed.
The U.S. National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute mentions these possible warning signs of pneumonia:
- A high fever.
- Chills that cause you to shake.
- Worsening bouts of coughing up phlegm.
- Shortness of breath from performing everyday activities.
- Having chest pain when breathing or coughing.
- Suddenly feeling worse after you appeared to get over the flu or a cold.
- Hospital-Related Infections Hit Nearly 650,000 Patients in 2011: CDC
March 26, 2014
- Sleep Apnea Might Raise Pneumonia Risk: Study
March 03, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.