Health Tip: Why Baby Gets Diaper Rash
Here are common triggers
(HealthDay News) -- A baby's sensitive bottom may develop a rash from sitting too long in a soiled diaper. But that's not the only trigger that can cause the problem.
The ADAM Encyclopedia offers these additional factors that may contribute to diaper rash:
- Frequent bowel movements or diarrhea.
- Use of an antibiotic.
- Irritation cause by ammonia, a byproduct of urine as it breaks down.
- Wearing diapers that don't fit properly and rub against the skin.
- Having a reaction to a cleaning product for cloth diapers.
- Older Cars a Bad Choice for Younger Drivers
December 19, 2014
- Many Flu Infections Aren't Good Match for Vaccine: CDC
December 18, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.