Health Tip: Walking Helps You Stay Healthier
Here's how you may benefit
(HealthDay News) -- The American Podiatric Medical Association discusses a great form of exercise that requires no special skill, no membership at the local gym, and no special equipment: walking.
The group says the "anybody-can-do-this" activity offers these benefits:
- Better circulation and a stronger heart and lungs.
- Reduced risk of stroke and heart attack.
- Reduced likelihood of high blood pressure or obesity.
- Improved cholesterol numbers.
- Stronger muscles and better tone in the legs and abdominal area.
- Reduced tension and stress.
- Better management of arthritis pain, and improved prevention of bone decay.
- Bigger Breasts, Lack of Exercise Tied to Breast Cancer Mortality
December 09, 2013
- Distracted-Driving Deaths of Pedestrians, Cyclists Up in U.S., Study Finds
November 29, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.