Health Tip: Walking Helps You Stay Healthier
Here's how you may benefit
(HealthDay News) -- The American Podiatric Medical Association discusses a great form of exercise that requires no special skill, no membership at the local gym, and no special equipment: walking.
The group says the "anybody-can-do-this" activity offers these benefits:
- Better circulation and a stronger heart and lungs.
- Reduced risk of stroke and heart attack.
- Reduced likelihood of high blood pressure or obesity.
- Improved cholesterol numbers.
- Stronger muscles and better tone in the legs and abdominal area.
- Reduced tension and stress.
- Better management of arthritis pain, and improved prevention of bone decay.
- Health Tip: Take Kids for a Nature Walk
July 21, 2014
- 'Walkable' Neighborhoods May Help Cut Diabetes Rates
June 17, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.