Health Tip: Help Strengthen Your Bones
With weight-bearing exercises
(HealthDay News) -- Weight-bearing exercises help strengthen bones and muscles by making them work against gravity.
The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention offers these suggestions for weight-bearing exercise:
- Go for a walk, jog or run.
- Play tennis, racquetball or field hockey.
- Climb a few long flights of stairs.
- Play basketball, soccer or grab a jump rope.
- Turn up the music and start dancing.
- Kick a soccer ball around.
- Go for a hike.
- Lift some weights.
- Will You Need Knee Replacement? Maybe Your Hand Can Tell You
March 07, 2014
- Lack of Sleep Compounds Health Problems for Obese Teens: Study
March 06, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.