Health Tip: Help Prevent Toddler Falls
Suggestions to help keep them safe
(HealthDay News) -- The curious nature of young children pushes them to explore, but they may be unsteady on their feet, increasing the likelihood of falls.
The U.S. Home Safety Council offers these preventive suggestions:
- Secure stairs with a gate at the top and bottom. Always use gates that screw into the wall and can't be pushed over.
- Use safety straps to secure children in strollers, on high chairs or on changing tables.
- Promptly clean up spills.
- Install child-proof guards or stops on windows.
- Pad the ground beneath an outdoor play set with a thick covering of mulch, wood chips or other soft material.
- For Teen Drivers, Unruly Passengers May Be Greater Threat Than Phones
April 22, 2014
- Too Much Codeine Still Prescribed to U.S. Kids: Study
April 21, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.