Health Tip: Stay Safe on a Boat
Suggestions from the U.S. Coast Guard
(HealthDay News) -- If you're one of the 70 million Americans who enjoy boating, the U.S. Coast Guard offers these safety suggestions:
- You and your passengers should wear well-fitted life jackets at all times.
- Avoid drinking alcohol, which is a factor in about 1 in 5 boating deaths.
- Take a prep course in boating safety.
- Have your boat inspected regularly.
- Make sure the boat is properly vented to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning. Install carbon monoxide detectors in living and sleeping areas.
- Health Tip: Make Home Safer for Alzheimer's
November 19, 2014
- Doctor With Ebola Dies at Nebraska Hospital
November 17, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.