Health Tip: Stay Safe on a Boat
Suggestions from the U.S. Coast Guard
(HealthDay News) -- If you're one of the 70 million Americans who enjoy boating, the U.S. Coast Guard offers these safety suggestions:
- You and your passengers should wear well-fitted life jackets at all times.
- Avoid drinking alcohol, which is a factor in about 1 in 5 boating deaths.
- Take a prep course in boating safety.
- Have your boat inspected regularly.
- Make sure the boat is properly vented to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning. Install carbon monoxide detectors in living and sleeping areas.
- Tips for Safe Trick-or-Treating
October 25, 2014
- Few U.S. Hospitals Ready to Handle Ebola, Survey Finds
October 24, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.