Health Tip: Help Foot Ulcers Heal
Here's what diabetics can do
(HealthDay News) -- People with diabetes may develop sores (ulcers) on the feet that may not heal quickly or easily.
The American Podiatric Medical Association suggests how to help promote healing and prevent infection of diabetic foot ulcers:
- Try to avoid applying pressure to the sore.
- Have dead skin around the wound removed.
- Keep the wound clean and apply medication as needed.
- Control blood glucose levels.
- Don't walk barefoot.
- Protect the ulcer with a dressing or bandage.
- Metformin Won't Aid Breast Cancer Survival in Diabetics
May 14, 2013
- 'What's Bad for the Heart Also Bad for the Brain'
May 02, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.