Health Tip: Some Foods and Drinks That Trigger Heartburn
Here's what to avoid
(HealthDay News) -- If you're prone to the painful burn of heartburn, don't just pop an antacid -- watch what you eat to avoid getting heartburn in the first place.
The American Gastroenterological Association lists these foods and drinks to avoid, as they may trigger heartburn:
- Foods that are high in fat or fried.
- Foods with chocolate or peppermint.
- Alcoholic beverages, beverages with carbonation and all coffee.
- Mustard and ketchup, as well as tomato sauces.
- Acidic substances such as vinegar, citrus juices and citrus fruits.
- Diet Changes Can Alter Gut Bacteria, Study Says
July 25, 2014
- Farmers' Market Vouchers May Help Poorer Families Eat Healthier
July 24, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.