Health Tip: Prevent Bathroom Slipping and Sliding
Safety suggestions to reduce the risk of falls
(HealthDay News) -- It's easy to suffer an injury in a slippery bathroom, but taking some precautions can get rid of potential hazards.
The Home Safety Council lists these suggestions to reduce slips and falls in the bathroom:
- Install grab bars next to the toilet and the shower or bathtub.
- Use a non-slip mat or non-slip strips in the shower or bathtub.
- Place a bath mat with non-skid backing on the floor just outside the shower or bathtub.
- Clean up the bathroom floor regularly, and quickly wipe up any spills or moisture.
- Put a nightlight in the bathroom and in the hallways.
- Hormone Treatment for Brain Injury Fails to Meet Expectations
December 10, 2014
- Toddlers Hurt in Falls Often Not Warned About Climbing on Furniture
December 01, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.