Health Tip: Prevent Bathroom Slipping and Sliding
Safety suggestions to reduce the risk of falls
(HealthDay News) -- It's easy to suffer an injury in a slippery bathroom, but taking some precautions can get rid of potential hazards.
The Home Safety Council lists these suggestions to reduce slips and falls in the bathroom:
- Install grab bars next to the toilet and the shower or bathtub.
- Use a non-slip mat or non-slip strips in the shower or bathtub.
- Place a bath mat with non-skid backing on the floor just outside the shower or bathtub.
- Clean up the bathroom floor regularly, and quickly wipe up any spills or moisture.
- Put a nightlight in the bathroom and in the hallways.
- Study Finds Kidney Stones Linked to Weakened Bones
October 23, 2014
- Health Tip: Strained Hamstring?
October 13, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.