Health Tip: Don't Fear the Dentist
Here's how to ease anxiety before a checkup
(HealthDay News) -- Though clean and healthy teeth can brighten any grin, going to the dentist may not bring a smile to your face.
The American Dental Association lists these suggestions to make a dental visit easier on those who experience dental anxiety:
- Explain to your dentist and the rest of the staff in the office that you're anxious about going to the dentist, and express your specific concerns.
- Schedule your dentist appointment for a time when you won't feel pressured or rushed, such as a Saturday morning.
- Bring along a personal radio, MP3 player or CD player to drown out the sound of the drill.
- While you're in the chair, try to relax by visualizing yourself in a happy, relaxing and comfortable place, such as the beach.
- Low-Power Laser May Trigger Tooth Repair
May 28, 2014
- Health Tip: Why Teeth Are Sensitive
May 22, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.