Health Tip: Yoga Can Help Your Health
Here are some of the benefits
(HealthDay News) -- No matter what style of yoga you prefer to practice, it's a great exercise that offers a number of physical and mental health benefits.
The U.S. National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine lists these possible health benefits of yoga:
- Better mood, improved sleep and better overall well-being.
- Better stress management.
- Lowered heart rate and blood pressure, as well as improved lung capacity.
- More relaxed muscles and healthier body composition.
- Improved management of mental health issues such as depression and anxiety.
- Better flexibility, strength and general physical fitness.
- Positive effects on chemicals in the brain and blood.
- Acupuncture, Exercise May Ease Pain for Breast Cancer Patients
November 13, 2014
- Beware Claims That Activated Charcoal Can Cure Gut Troubles
October 23, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.