Health Tip: Yoga Can Help Your Health
Here are some of the benefits
(HealthDay News) -- No matter what style of yoga you prefer to practice, it's a great exercise that offers a number of physical and mental health benefits.
The U.S. National Center for Complementary and Alternative Medicine lists these possible health benefits of yoga:
- Better mood, improved sleep and better overall well-being.
- Better stress management.
- Lowered heart rate and blood pressure, as well as improved lung capacity.
- More relaxed muscles and healthier body composition.
- Improved management of mental health issues such as depression and anxiety.
- Better flexibility, strength and general physical fitness.
- Positive effects on chemicals in the brain and blood.
- Massage May Improve Blood Flow While Easing Muscle Soreness: Study
April 21, 2014
- Oil-Swishing Craze: Snake Oil or All-Purpose Remedy?
April 18, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.