Health Tip: Curb Snoring With Lifestyle Changes
Modify your diet, behavior and sleeping style
(HealthDay News) -- Snoring can undermine the quality of sleep -- for the snorer and anyone sleeping nearby.
The American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons lists these lifestyle changes that can help to curb snoring:
- Try losing weight -- even just 10 pounds.
- Instead of sleeping on your back, try sleeping on your side.
- Avoid alcohol and caffeine, and don't eat large, heavy meals -- particularly within about two hours of heading to bed.
- Don't take a sedative, which relaxes the muscles in your throat and increases snoring.
- Expert Tips for Those Grieving During Holiday Season
December 07, 2013
- Switching to Healthier Eating May Cost You More
December 06, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.