Health Tip: Health Conditions May Cause Paleness
Here's what may be to blame
(HealthDay News) -- Though fair skin may simply be a sign that you protect your skin from the sun, paleness may indicate a health problem that needs to be addressed.
The ADAM Encyclopedia lists these health conditions and problems that may cause pale skin:
- Anemia, or insufficient red blood cells.
- Insufficient blood flow to the skin from being cold, having low blood sugar or fainting.
- Chronic disease such as cancer or infection.
- New Guidelines for Sickle Cell Disease
September 10, 2014
- Anemia Treatments Don't Boost Recovery From Brain Injury, Study Finds
July 01, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.