Health Tip: Health Conditions May Cause Paleness
Here's what may be to blame
(HealthDay News) -- Though fair skin may simply be a sign that you protect your skin from the sun, paleness may indicate a health problem that needs to be addressed.
The ADAM Encyclopedia lists these health conditions and problems that may cause pale skin:
- Anemia, or insufficient red blood cells.
- Insufficient blood flow to the skin from being cold, having low blood sugar or fainting.
- Chronic disease such as cancer or infection.
- Low Vitamin D Tied to Anemia Risk in Kids
October 22, 2013
- Anemia Might Raise Dementia Risk, Study Suggests
July 31, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.