Health Tip: Are You at Risk for Plantar Fasciitis?
Lifestyle and exercise habits play a factor
(HealthDay News) -- Plantar fasciitis occurs when the thick tissue that connects the heel to the toes becomes irritated, inflamed and painful.
The ADAM Encyclopedia mentions these potential risk factors for plantar fasciitis:
- Having either high arches or flat feet.
- Being obese.
- Exposing the feet to repetitive stress, from activities such as running long distances, running on an uneven surfaces or running downhill.
- Gaining weight rapidly.
- Having tightness in the Achilles tendon.
- Wearing shoes that don't offer good arch support or have soft soles.
- Almost 1 in 5 Americans Plagued by Constant Pain, Survey Suggests
October 30, 2014
- Health Tip: Coping With Chronic Pain
October 23, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.