Health Tip: Are You at Risk for Plantar Fasciitis?
Lifestyle and exercise habits play a factor
(HealthDay News) -- Plantar fasciitis occurs when the thick tissue that connects the heel to the toes becomes irritated, inflamed and painful.
The ADAM Encyclopedia mentions these potential risk factors for plantar fasciitis:
- Having either high arches or flat feet.
- Being obese.
- Exposing the feet to repetitive stress, from activities such as running long distances, running on an uneven surfaces or running downhill.
- Gaining weight rapidly.
- Having tightness in the Achilles tendon.
- Wearing shoes that don't offer good arch support or have soft soles.
- Health Tip: Take Care of Your Feet
July 17, 2014
- Could 'Phone Care' Ring in New Approach to Pain Relief?
July 15, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.