Health Tip: Caregivers, Don't Ignore Your Own Health
Suggestions to help you stay well
(HealthDay News) -- Caring for someone else during a serious illness can take a lot out of you. The American Academy of Family Physicians says it's important to take care of yourself as you care for someone else.
The academy offers these suggestions:
- Get regular checkups with your own doctor.
- Eat a healthy, nutritious and balanced diet.
- Find time for plenty of sleep.
- Schedule time for 30 minutes to 60 minutes of exercise at least four days per week.
- Help manage stress with techniques such as meditation or deep breathing exercises.
- Take some time for yourself every once in a while.
- Health Tip: Support Seniors During Hard Times
September 08, 2014
- Pacemakers Common for Those With Dementia and Irregular Heartbeats
July 28, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.