Health Tip: Caregivers, Don't Ignore Your Own Health
Suggestions to help you stay well
(HealthDay News) -- Caring for someone else during a serious illness can take a lot out of you. The American Academy of Family Physicians says it's important to take care of yourself as you care for someone else.
The academy offers these suggestions:
- Get regular checkups with your own doctor.
- Eat a healthy, nutritious and balanced diet.
- Find time for plenty of sleep.
- Schedule time for 30 minutes to 60 minutes of exercise at least four days per week.
- Help manage stress with techniques such as meditation or deep breathing exercises.
- Take some time for yourself every once in a while.
- When Smartphone Is Near, Parenting May Falter
March 10, 2014
- Health Tip: Want to Be a Babysitter?
January 27, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.