Health Tip: Avoid Overtraining
Signs that you may have overdone it
(HealthDay News) -- Training can help strengthen your body and prepare you for an athletic event. But you're not doing yourself a favor by overtraining, the Cleveland Clinic says.
The clinic mentions these signs that you've overdone it:
- When you develop a psychological distaste for working out.
- When you feel sore all the time.
- When you frequently feel tired for no apparent reason.
- When you seem to take longer to "recover" from exercise.
- When you develop symptoms of mild depression.
- When your strength or stamina appears to be declining.
- Health Tip: Exercise While Watching Television
August 29, 2014
- Diet, Exercise Counseling Urged for Overweight Americans With Heart Risks
August 26, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.