Health Tip: Avoid Overtraining
Signs that you may have overdone it
(HealthDay News) -- Training can help strengthen your body and prepare you for an athletic event. But you're not doing yourself a favor by overtraining, the Cleveland Clinic says.
The clinic mentions these signs that you've overdone it:
- When you develop a psychological distaste for working out.
- When you feel sore all the time.
- When you frequently feel tired for no apparent reason.
- When you seem to take longer to "recover" from exercise.
- When you develop symptoms of mild depression.
- When your strength or stamina appears to be declining.
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.