Health Tip: Better Sleep Can Mean Less Arthritis Pain
Suggestions to help you get enough rest
(HealthDay News) -- Getting plenty of sleep each night can help you better manage arthritis pain, the Arthritis Foundation says.
Here are recommendations to help you get enough rest:
- Exercise regularly at a moderate intensity, and remember to schedule it well before bedtime.
- Don't consume caffeine or alcohol, particularly close to bedtime.
- Create a consistent schedule of sleep and wake times, and stick to it daily.
- Soak in a warm bath before bed, or listen to some soft music.
- Enjoy quiet time before bed, or read a relaxing book.
- Don't use sleeping pills, unless your doctor suggests them.
- Lack of Sleep Compounds Health Problems for Obese Teens: Study
March 06, 2014
- Health Tip: Enjoy a Nap
March 03, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.