Health Tip: Is My Memory Loss Normal?
When forgetfulness isn't just a sign of getting older
(HealthDay News) -- Everyone forgets things now and then, and remembering everything naturally becomes more difficult as you get older.
But certain types of memory loss may indicate something much more serious. The American Academy of Family Physicians says the following warning signs should not be ignored:
- Suddenly forgetting things much more frequently than you once did.
- Having difficulty remembering tasks you have performed many times.
- Having trouble learning how to do new things.
- Telling the same stories or saying the same phrases repeatedly in a conversation.
- Having problems dealing with money or making decisions.
- Having difficulty keeping track of daily events.
- Blood Test May Have Power to Predict Alzheimer's
March 09, 2014
- Hearing Loss Tied to Depression in Study
March 06, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.