Health Tip: Traveling Despite Asthma and Allergies
Suggestions to help control symptoms
(HealthDay News) -- Traveling can expose you to new triggers for allergies and asthma, but planning ahead can help you breathe a bit easier while you're away.
The American Academy of Allergy Asthma & Immunology offers these travel suggestions:
- Pack your asthma and allergy meds in carry-on bags, and keep them in their original containers.
- Continue to take your medications on schedule as directed by your doctor.
- Prepare for potential problems, such as food allergies.
- Keep contact information for your allergist and an emergency contact handy.
- If possible, find an allergist at your travel destination.
- Health Tip: Prepare Before You Drive in Winter
December 08, 2014
- Experts Urge Quick Use of Epinephrine for Severe Allergic Reactions
December 02, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.