Health Tip: Symptoms That May Indicate Fibromyalgia
Ask your doctor to evaluate any of these warning signs
(HealthDay News) -- Fibromyalgia is characterized by body aches and pains, and "tender points" that are painful to the touch.
The womenshealth.gov website mentions these other typical symptoms of fibromyalgia:
- Having difficulty sleeping.
- Feeling stiff in the morning.
- Having frequent headaches.
- Feeling sensitive to temperature, bright lights or loud sounds.
- Having pain during menstruation.
- Having a tingling sensation or numbness in the feet and hands.
- Having trouble with memory and cognitive thinking.
- Electrical Brain Stimulation Might Help Fibromyalgia Patients
March 26, 2014
- Most Teens With Fibromyalgia Suffer Pain, Fatigue as Adults
February 26, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.