Health Tip: Suggestions to Prevent Heat Rash
What to do during hot, humid weather
(HealthDay News) -- Heat rash occurs when an infant's pores become blocked, usually during hot, humid weather.
The University of Maryland Medical Center offers these suggestions to help prevent heat rash:
- Dress baby in clothes that are lightweight and made of cotton.
- Keep baby in an air-conditioned room during hot weather. Turn on a fan in baby's room when air conditioning isn't available.
- Skip ointments, creams or powders on baby's skin.
- Do your best to make sure that baby doesn't get too warm, and that the skin stays dry.
- Many Obese U.S. Kids Think They're Thinner Than They Are
July 23, 2014
- Keep Your Teens Safe on the Road This Summer
July 22, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.