Health Tip: What's Causing My Earache?
Some common triggers
(HealthDay News) -- Earaches are as common as they are painful and annoying. Factors that can trigger an earache are equally plentiful.
The ADAM Encyclopedia mentions these possible causes of an earache:
- Ear infection.
- Sinus infection.
- Tooth infection.
- Common cold.
- Arthritis of the jaw.
- Damage to the ear from changes in pressure, impacted ear wax or an object lodged in the ear.
- Perforated or ruptured eardrum.
- TMJ (temporomandibular joint) syndrome.
- Prescription Eardrops Seem Best for Kids With Recurrent Ear Infection: Study
February 19, 2014
- Decline of Antibiotic Use Among Kids Seems To Be Leveling Off: Study
February 04, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.