Health Tip: What's Causing My Earache?
Some common triggers
(HealthDay News) -- Earaches are as common as they are painful and annoying. Factors that can trigger an earache are equally plentiful.
The ADAM Encyclopedia mentions these possible causes of an earache:
- Ear infection.
- Sinus infection.
- Tooth infection.
- Common cold.
- Arthritis of the jaw.
- Damage to the ear from changes in pressure, impacted ear wax or an object lodged in the ear.
- Perforated or ruptured eardrum.
- TMJ (temporomandibular joint) syndrome.
- New Combo Approach May Ease Severe 'Ringing in the Ears'
December 06, 2013
- New Push by Doctors to Limit Antibiotic Use in Kids
November 18, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.