Health Tip: Recognize Signs of Asperger Syndrome
Here's a list of possible characteristics
(HealthDay News) -- Asperger syndrome is an autism spectrum disorder, an umbrella term for a number of related conditions characterized by problems with communicating and language, and with repetitive thoughts and speech.
The U.S. National Institute of Child Health and Human Development says Asperger is thought to be the mildest of these conditions. Symptoms of Asperger may include:
- Being very literal in speaking and understanding.
- Difficulty recognizing and interpreting body language.
- Repeating or obsessing over rituals and routines.
- Problems with motor skills, including clumsiness or lack of coordination.
- Difficulty with social skills, particularly in communicating with others.
- Sensitivity to sounds, lights, textures and tastes.
- iPads May Help Boost Speaking Skills in Kids With Autism: Study
July 01, 2014
- Adults With Asperger Syndrome May Have Higher Suicide Risk
June 24, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.