Health Tip: Protect Your Feet From Corns
Here are suggestions to prevent the calluses
(HealthDay News) -- Corns are calluses on the toes that develop when the toes rub against the inside of shoes.
Causes include poorly fitted shoes, deformities of the toes and socks that don't fit properly.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons suggests how you can help prevent corns:
- Make sure shoes aren't too tight or too loose.
- Kick off the high-heeled shoes, in favor of those that put less pressure on the front of the foot.
- Make sure stitches and seams inside the shoes don't rub against your toes.
- Wear socks that fit well.
- Health Tip: Battling Bunion Pain
December 09, 2014
- Painkiller Tramadol Linked to Low Blood Sugar
December 08, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.