Health Tip: Floss for Healthier Teeth and Gums
Here's what experts recommend
(HealthDay News) -- Daily flossing can minimize plaque and help keep teeth and gums healthy.
The American Dental Association offers these guidelines to help you floss teeth effectively:
- Using a piece of floss about 18 inches long, wrap it around the forefinger of both hands and hold it between the forefingers and thumbs. Forefingers will rotate the floss as it becomes dirty, ensuring that clean floss is used continually.
- Gently ease the floss between teeth and rub it against each tooth.
- Push the floss into a "C" shape against each tooth, sliding it gently between the tooth and gum, and up and down the tooth.
- Repeat on each tooth, making sure to get both sides of all teeth, even those in the back.
- Health Tip: Protecting Children's Teeth
August 04, 2014
- Low-Power Laser May Trigger Tooth Repair
May 28, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.