Health Tip: Ease Neck Pain
Suggestions to help soothe discomfort
(HealthDay News) -- When your neck aches from a disc problem, arthritis or injury, you may be able to get relief at home.
The ADAM Encyclopedia mentions these potential home remedies for neck pain:
- Take an over-the-counter medication, such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
- Ice the area for the first 72 hours, then apply heat.
- Take a break from regular exercise and activities for a few days.
- Peform slow, gentle range-of-motion exercises to help stretch muscles in the neck.
- Gently massage painful parts of the neck.
- Sleep without a pillow on a firm mattress, or use a neck pillow.
- Wear a soft neck collar for a brief period.
- Pain a Common Problem for People With COPD
May 21, 2013
- Favorite Music May Ease Anxiety in ICU Patients
May 20, 2013
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.