Health Tip: Ease Neck Pain
Suggestions to help soothe discomfort
(HealthDay News) -- When your neck aches from a disc problem, arthritis or injury, you may be able to get relief at home.
The ADAM Encyclopedia mentions these potential home remedies for neck pain:
- Take an over-the-counter medication, such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen.
- Ice the area for the first 72 hours, then apply heat.
- Take a break from regular exercise and activities for a few days.
- Peform slow, gentle range-of-motion exercises to help stretch muscles in the neck.
- Gently massage painful parts of the neck.
- Sleep without a pillow on a firm mattress, or use a neck pillow.
- Wear a soft neck collar for a brief period.
- New Knees, Hips May Also Help the Heart
March 11, 2014
- Hormones Might Offer Relief From Chronic Pain, Small Study Suggests
March 08, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.