Health Tip: Have You Sprained Your Wrist?
Here are classic symptoms
(HealthDay News) -- Your wrist hurts after a fall. Is it a sprain, or another type of injury?
The wrist, as is the case with many joints, contains strong bands of tissue called ligaments that connect bones. An injury to one or more of these ligaments is called a sprain.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons said symptoms of a sprained wrist include:
- Pain, especially when you flex the wrist.
- A bruise or unusual color of the skin surrounding the wrist.
- Tenderness or a warm feeling at the site of the injury.
- A tearing or popping sensation in the wrist.
- Study Finds Doctors Prescribing More Sedatives
March 07, 2014
- Hangovers Don't Delay the Next Drink, Study Finds
March 04, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.