Health Tip: Have You Sprained Your Wrist?
Here are classic symptoms
(HealthDay News) -- Your wrist hurts after a fall. Is it a sprain, or another type of injury?
The wrist, as is the case with many joints, contains strong bands of tissue called ligaments that connect bones. An injury to one or more of these ligaments is called a sprain.
The American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons said symptoms of a sprained wrist include:
- Pain, especially when you flex the wrist.
- A bruise or unusual color of the skin surrounding the wrist.
- Tenderness or a warm feeling at the site of the injury.
- A tearing or popping sensation in the wrist.
- U.S. Pledges Millions to Study Ways to Ease Soldiers' Pain
September 25, 2014
- Movantik Approved for Constipation From Opioids
September 16, 2014
Learn More About Sharp
Sharp HealthCare is San Diego's health care leader with seven hospitals, two medical groups and a health plan. Learn more about our San Diego hospitals, choose a Sharp-affiliated San Diego doctor or browse our comprehensive medical services.
Copyright © 2011 HealthDay. All rights reserved.